ATTEND A SPECIAL PROGRAM WITH THE MIBO SCHOOL OF YOGA
Trauma Sensitive Yoga Teacher Training Program Highlights:
- Learn the physical poses (asanas).
- Learn multiple kinds of meditation.
- Learn the pillars of great teaching.
- Practice your teaching in a supportive environment.
- Get an edge by learning how to teach trauma-sensitive clients (they're aren't enough teachers out there who know how to!)
- Learn about the energy body and how to balance and increase your energy.
- Engage in lively discussions.
- Learn how to do hands-on assist carefully and non-invasively
LEARN ABOUT OUR LEAD TRAINER: JO STANDING, E-500 RYT, AUTHOR
Jo Standing first stepped onto the yoga mat in 2003. As a multiple Big-T trauma survivor,she realized how important it is to lead yoga with careful consideration of those who are in the teachers' classroom. Yoga will always be more than yoga poses, but more so the pursuit and embracing of all forms of yoga practice: Raja Yoga (control over the mind and emotions); Karma Yoga (selfless action); Jnana Yoga (transcending attachment to identity and form); Bhakti Yoga (experiencing union through love and devotion). Yoga is all these things in addition to the physical asana yoga that helps gain mastery of the whole self through the exercises performed in the physical body. Yoga tones and tightens, clears and detoxes, the body’s systems while meditation creates the ability to think for oneself in a way that serves one’s best self forward, as well as the discovery and maintenance of one’s ultimate life purpose(s). Jo is an author on uncovering the trauma survivor's inborn resilience through mind and body practices. Jo has spoken at The Harvard Faculty Club and The Mental Health Coalition in Sedona, Arizona and continues to be a lifelong student. She welcomes you in her classroom to embark on the journey of a lifetime and encourages you to apply to her 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program from wherever you are located in the world today! Trainings are held in Raleigh, North Carolina and Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Jo is Certified In:
- 500-hr Yoga Teacher Training with Prana Yoga College in Hatha, Yin, Restorative and Zen Meditation
- The Bars Method with AccessConsciousness.com and Dr. Dain Heer
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga with Nicole Emily Marcia and Fine Balance Yoga
- Pilates Mat and Reformer Teacher Training
- Certified Reiki Master Level Training in both the USA and Canada
- Foundational Skills Training in Craniosacral Therapy from The Upledger Institute
- BodyTalk Systems Training from The International BodyTalk Association
- 60-hour Thai Yoga Massage Training with Teacher Gordon Waselnuk in Vancouver, Canada
- 7-month Full-Time Training in Professional Life Coach with Rhodes Wellness College
- Collaborative Conflict Resolution, Negotiation and Mediation from The Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Feng Shui with Master Cathleen McCandless
- Prenatal Yoga with Janice Clarfield and Urban Yoga